Shalimar - Terms & Conditions
Contract and general terms
The contract is between you and the owners of Shalimar, Steve and Fiona Lawrence. Your booking is for holiday purposes only unless otherwise agreed in writing. The house is only let to those people specified on the booking form. No sub-letting is permitted.
Unless otherwise agreed, the house is booked from Saturday to Saturday. Dates for short break bookings will be agreed at the time of enquiry.
Arrival / departure times
In order to ensure that we have time to prepare the house properly for the next guests, we request that guests leave the property by 10am and arrive after 4 pm.
We do not charge a booking fee. We will confirm your booking upon receipt of the deposit.
In order to secure your booking, we require a deposit of £300 per week together with your booking form. Short breaks are payable in full at the time of booking.
Payment of balance
The balance is payable 6 weeks before the start of your holiday or when the holiday is booked, if booking within 6 weeks of the start date. Please note that there is a surcharge, payable with the balance if applicable, of £15 for dogs to reflect the extra cleaning and laundry costs.
We prefer payment by bank transfer but also accept payment by cheque.
Cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations made before 6 weeks of the start of your holiday will result in the loss of the deposit. Cancellations made later than this may result in the loss of the full rental amount.
In the event of a cancellation, we will try to re-let the house. If we are successful we will refund the balance less an administration charge of £50, at our discretion.
Since we cannot guarantee that we will be able to re-let the house, we recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance.
In the event that the house becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. fire, theft or damage), our liability will be limited to the amount of any payments received, which we will refund in full.
Good housekeeping bond
A good housekeeping bond of £150 is payable with the balance. Please note that this will be banked upon receipt and refunded at the end of your stay, subject to the following conditions:
- You agree to take all proper and reasonable care of the house, its furniture, pictures and effects and to leave the house in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the start.
- You agree to inform us of any damage, breakage or loss arising during your stay. Any items not reported as damaged or which are missing from the house will be charged in full.
- You agree not to smoke inside the house.
- You agree that the number of people occupying the house will not exceed the number stated on the booking form without our explicit agreement. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed.
- You agree to take all your belongings with you at the end of your stay as we cannot guarantee to find missing items or return them to you.
- You agree to allow us, or our agents, the right of entry at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out essential repairs or maintenance.
If these conditions are not satisfied, we will deduct all reasonable costs from your Good Housekeeping Bond.
Up to 2 well behaved dogs are allowed by prior agreement, subject to the following conditions:
- Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds.
- Pets must not be left unattended at any time.
- Pets must be dried off before entering the house.
- You must clear up after your dogs and remove all mess from the gardens and surrounding areas.
WiFi is available free of charge but is subject to the following restrictions:
- You agree to use the internet responsibly and not to access illegal or offensive websites. Parents are responsible for supervising their children's use of the internet.
Details of how to connect to the internet will be made available on arrival.
The cost of oil central heating and electricity is included in the rental price. The central heating system will be set on a timer appropriate for the season to ensure that you are comfortable. There is a central thermostat in the hall and individual thermostats on the radiators. A basket of logs for the wood-burning stoves is also included.
We hope that you have no cause for complaint during your stay, but in the event that there is a problem, you must contact us immediately to give us an opportunity to rectify the problem. If you feel that the problem has not been resolved, you must notify us of your complaint in writing within 7 days of the end of your stay.
In the absence of negligence on our part, the use of the house and its facilities is entirely at your own risk.
Whether this is your first time to Speyside or a return visit to this lovely region, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
For all bookings and enquiries, please use any of the methods below!
Phone: +44 (0)1343 542 452
We will reply as soon as we can to confirm your booking or reply to your enquiry.
Please note that we list on a number of websites, some of which impose additional charges outside our control. There are no such charges if you book direct with us.
Sleeps 8 in 4 bedrooms
Top quality holiday house
Refurbished to high standard
Available all year round
Ideal for families
Children & dogs welcome
Wood burning stoves
Welcome pack provided
Bed linen & towels included
Oil & electricity included
Cot & high chair available
Free Fibre WiFi